Mar 22, 2010

The Colonel is REAL?

Before getting started, you need to know two things:

1. My husband has never been one for eating any meat on the bone. He has come around to buffalo wings and ribs but that's about it.
2. My husband HATES Food Network. He would rather listen to fingernails on a chalkboard than watch Food Network (which I love).

This weekend, I left the TV on Food Network while trying to get my grumpy baby situated. Mark came in the room and was quickly mesmerized by the show "Titans of Taste." They were talking about Colonel Sanders and KFC's history. My husband then says to me "The Colonel is a real person??" He proceeded to talk about his new best friend, The Colonel, as we drove out to my aunt's house to deliver her car. He waved to him on all the signs, laughing and saying "look at that cute old guy with his 11 herbs and spices."



Seriously, he was so excited about Col. Sanders being real he wanted to take the plunge and bring home a bucket of chicken with his "cute old" face on it. Off he went to KFC, he brought home a bucket, some sides, some biscuits and of course a chocolate chip cake. After figuring out how much he now enjoys fried chicken, (bone and all) he said "I think I'll put the Colonel in my rotation."

I tried explaining that Popeye's is way better because it's spicy. But evidently, there's no cute old guy on the bucket with a great story...so he will keep grabbing his hot sauce. I guess one thing at a time. I'm just excited my husband tried something new and enjoyed it.

My husband also doesn't like cake...but who couldn't love the KFC cake? He liked it. I'm so proud of him! He came a long way this weekend.

Don't be surprised if you see my husband in a white suit and a black string tie...I love that man!

7 comments:

The Gerald's said...

I think that is one of the greatest stories I have ever heard!!!!!!!!!

Katheryn said...

Ok, I'm so looking forward to seeing him in a white suit and black string tie! He is too funny. I love it!

Kelly said...

That is "Finger Lick'n Good"! WE Love the Colonel Too! Mmmmm!

Kim Jarvis said...

Food Network, bone-in chicken, and cake all in one weekend? That's awesome. I know what he should be for Halloween this year!

Mandi said...

What? Who does love the food network? This is your oppurtunity to win him over...

Jessica Chalmers said...

Gotta take him to a KFC buffet! 'Finger lick'n good' again and again!

The Sauls Family said...

That's hilarious! James didn't like "chicken on the bone" either when we first got married. One night I convinced him to try some Popeye's and he was HOOKED! Silly man.