May 23, 2011

Monday Routine

Monday is my day to strip the beds in the A.M. and jump into clean sheets in the P.M. One good thing about starting the week and facing Mondays.

This morning, I was determined to get a good start to the laundry, so as soon as I was out of bed, I started pulling the sheets off. My sweet and ultra understanding husband came in and said "Ahh Honey. Did you have a little pregnant pee-pee accident during the night?" With an extremely puzzled look on my face, I responded with, "WHAT!? Are you kidding?" He said "well, you're taking the sheets off the bed." I said "Well, that's what I do on Mondays--I strip the bed and wash the sheets."

Just to clear things up, in both pregnancies, I've NEVER gone pee-pee in our bed. I'm not saying it can't or won't happen...it just hasn't happened. Interesting how he jumped right to peeing the bed. :)

post signature

6 comments:

Jac said...

Hahahahaha!! Once, when I was in the hospital waiting on the twins, and hooked to an IV for whatever reason, I paged a nurse to help me go pee (to help with the IV)... Well, as I sit up and start to stand up out of the bed, I said, "Uh, I think something just leaked out... Did my water just start to leak?!" She looked at the bed briefly, looked at me, and said, "No sweetie, you just tinkled in the bed. Happens a million times a day on this floor. I'll have someone come change the sheets!" So, you're right--apparently it DOES happen! ;)

Amanda and Steve said...

hee hee! I love your new blog, by the way.

Amber said...

HAHAHAHA! Tell him that only happens when you jump on the bed or trampoline after you have the baby. . .
I also love your new blog look.

Katheryn said...

Haha! Men sure are quick to jump to conclusions!

Mandi said...

that post had 2 of my favorite things 1. clean sheets and 2. Not peeing on yourself! You get to GY's!

mrsarmogansclass said...

Ok, Jac's story made me remember :) I was in the hospital having Chandani and I leaned over to my mom and said "Mom, I've gotta pee". So she leans over to the nurse and tell hers. The nurse then tells me "It's ok honey there's pads underneath you". I was like "WHAT?!" There's a dozen people in this room and you want me to "WHAT?" The nurse explained that since I was already in labor and hooked up to IVs I couldn't get up. So in desperation I tried! Nothing :( The Mom said "Did you go?" And agitated I said "I can't". I tried and tried but nothing. Finally the doctor came in to give me my epidural. Everyone left the room and they sat me up. As I sat up I suddenly felt the relief I had been seeking! But it wasn't stopping and finally I heard it hitting the floor...I was mortified!!! The nurse hearing it too lifted the sheet, smiled and said "Hey you're water just broke". And I gracefully replied "Oh, thank goodness, I thought that was an awful lot of pee!" LOL!!!