Feb 6, 2009

Our 1/2 full yard

Our yard has been very lonesome. I feel like my yard has something in common with The Giving Tree. It used to have children playing in it, swinging from the branches in the tree, playing in the driveway, jumping on top of the cable box (which also happens to be in our yard). It was a happy yard. For the past 3 weeks, its been completely empty. The Furmans moved and took their 5 yr old social butterfly with them. Our yard certainly misses him and all the fun he brought.

There's always a silver lining to every dark cloud. While to most this yard looks empty...I can only tell you the thoughts going on in my head. Our dream of our own kids getting in trouble for leaving their stuff outside is becoming an exciting reality. Mark and I just found out we're expecting our first child. I can't tell you the emotions and gratitude I've felt since finding out on Wednesday. We're in shock! We can't believe the tests (all 6 of them) came out positive. We are so excited to fill our yard and our home with little things. I'm so excited we'll finally have fun stuff to blog about! I will not indulge you in any stomach pictures of my blossoming baby...that won't work on me! But we will share every moment possible with each of you as our house turns into a home and the Gentles turn into a family. :)

5 comments:

Katheryn said...

We are so unbelievably happy for you guys. You are going to be such loving fun parents. And we are really looking forward to you keeping us up to date with every little thing that happens with your growing family. We love you guys!

lorijolley said...

I am so excited for you, and look forward to all the great posts to come! You deserve it!

Jessica Chalmers said...

Soon! Sooner than you can imagine! Kids grow like crazy and it is awesome! P.S. you feeling okay?

Unknown said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you & Mark! I know Grandma Gullett is so excited.

Mindy said...

Yeah - we can't wait to be a part - even if it is in cyber world