Oct 18, 2009

Marky's 1st Bath

Mark and I were so excited to give Little Mark his first bath. After his umbilical cord fell off, we started making our plans. Then, I went to change his diaper while Mark was at work and he peed all the way up his body into his face. So in these pictures, I'm the bather and the photographer...not easy with a slippery baby.

So here he is, he won't even look at me.

I love this cute body

I had to walk around the sink to get his face


So far so good...




....but what will happen when I wash his head???





Warning: the next two pictures may cause you to feel bad for my little man or to shoot milk thru your nose. They are adorably cute and almost pathetic all at the same time.











Yep, Mommy made him so mad. But I couldn't leave these pictures out. They are priceless.


Here he is recovering and getting ready to be wrapped in his towel.

He settles down easily, you can see he's not so upset any more.

Waiting for me to lotion him up and get him dressed


Now he feels better, he loves to be clean
Bath- check
Lotion- check
Diaper- check
Clothes- check
Full Belly- check
Happy Baby...
...CHECK!!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Fun post....bath well done lady! :)he's adorable...check! OH, and in case you don't see my blog anytime soon...could you please give me a call one of these days when you have a minute. My phone broke and I lost all my numbers. Thanks girl!

Katheryn said...

Love the screaming pictures! So cute. All of mine hated having their heads washed at first too. It won't be long though and he'll be lovin' it! He is so cute!

Kelly said...

Oh he is sooo Sweet! I can see why you love him! Nothing better than a Clean yummy smelling baby to just kiss love and cuddle with. I LOVED seeing you on Saturday. You were glowing that Mother Glow! I loved getting my 2 minutes of Heaven when I got to hold your baby. Thanks for sharing!

Dave n' Kristi said...

makes me want to fly out to florida to kiss those cute cheeks! What a great momma you are!

Kim Jarvis said...

Oh - I love naked baby bodies! I hope that Mark wasn't too sad to miss the big event.

Mandi said...

Um... that is the cutset post ever!!! Oh I love a clean Baby! Him screming is adorable. Maybe he will be the singer in the band. He is really just so cute I am so happy and excited for you. Thanks for staying late the other night. I enjoyed chatting and holding your cutie!!! He is Handsome!!!

Erin said...

I think I have pictures of all my kids screaming bloody murder during the first bath. Jake still screams when I have to rinse his head, come to think of it.
BTW, props for bathing and photgraphing. You are superwoman! Emma's first bath I had Jason helping and my mom (who happened to be visiting) taking pictures. You rock!

Amanda and Steve said...

I'm so glad I got to meet him tonight! He's cute in person, too!

Jessica Chalmers said...

So sweet. The girls are asking me if they can meet him. He is too cute!