Oct 5, 2009

Our Baby Love

Most of you know I had quite the experience in the hospital. Things did not go quite as planned. However, the end result was all the same- I'm a mom, he's a dad, we have a baby boy and now we're a family!

Our little man was delivered by c-section on Sept 23rd at 3:47 pm. He weighed in at 8 lbs 9 oz, 21 inches long and the cutest thing we've ever laid eyes on.

Introducing Mr. Mark Joseph Gentle, III. Hearing his cry for the first time was magical. I've never heard such sweet music in my life. It was just like I dreamed for so long.



Here we met on the outside for the first time. I was completely overjoyed.


Our first family photo.


While I was getting put back together, Daddy and his little buddy had to go get cleaned up and check his stats.

As my cousin Lisa said it best "I don't like to be weighed either!"


He was starting to feel better now that he's getting cleaned and warmed up.


One of the first things they told us was that he was so alert, they didn't lie!


This picture was taken in the recovery room by our niece Brittney with her camera phone. One of our all time favorites! Look at those cheeks. He is just so sweet and I might just eat him. Hopefully you get to meet him before that time comes though!


Daddy's first time holding him


Have I mentioned we love all things Bear?


And he is one cute little cuddly bear


We had so many nice visits. These cute girls, Ashtin and Natalie are additional nieces of ours. They are so sweet to me. They were in our nursery class. Mark and I are great friends with their parents, Larry and Jessica Chalmers.


We were waiting for my staples to be removed and to be released from the hospital in this picture. How cute is he?


My cute men being all cuddly.


Finally, time for our family to go home.


The week was much harder on the Marks...they were both exhausted!


My little bear and I were ready to roll out.


Here he is visiting with his Mammaw


All swaddled up and ready for bed


Again, look at those cheeks


Here he is in his bouncer...I love this picture! Another one of my favorites.


I love this face.

With a wink and smile


Napping on his cousin. I love that face.

Mark and I have never felt so much joy as this little guy brings us. Feeding Little Mark late at night or early in the morning has been some of my favorite times. It is such a sacred time for the two of us. I never knew I'd enjoy this so much. I feel I have truly been blessed. I will post more details and more pictures soon. Wait til you see his first bath!!

8 comments:

Laurel Shaw said...

congratulations you guys!! He is so adorable!!! I've been waiting to see his pictures. So lovable!

Katheryn said...

He is such a sweetie! Seriously when I held him a couple weeks ago, I just wanted to take him right on home with me. He is precious.

Kim Jarvis said...

I've been waiting for this blog post! Sooooo sweet! I am so happy for you and your family! Congrats again and I will be looking forward to the bath pictures!

Stacy Pettersen said...

Finallly, you're back! He is 100% stud... does he like older women? I've got a pretty little girl over here! ;)

Glad it all worked out even though not quite as planned. I haven't heard the whole story, what went wrong?

The Sorrell Family said...

He is BEAUTIFUL!!! I am soooo happy for you and Mark. I love you guys!

Heather said...

We're so happy for you guys. You have such a beautiful little family, Congratulations! =)

Erin said...

Oh, he is just darling! I can't wait to get my hands on him.
I love those first pictures of him - so sweet. Those "fresh from Heaven" pictures of newborns are always the best!

Mandi said...

First let me say he is sooooo CUTE!! I love those cheeks and all the facial expressions. Second you look great I know I told you that the other day but motherhood suites you well. I am so happy for you. I know the feeling of hearing your childs tiny little cry for the first time. In the blink of a eye your a mommy!! I love it, I love you, and congrats he is a cutie!!