Sep 21, 2009

Last shot

Here is the cutest profile ever!


So now I ask...does this look like the "Sam Eagle" nose we discussed a few months back?
Any thoughts on who this little guy will look like?
Does he look extra juicy?

Our plan for tomorrow:
1. Call L & D at 6am to see if there is a room for me. (If so, continue to #2)
2. Enter L & D at 6:30 am
3. 7:30 am start induction
4. Get used to people touching and seeing my vagina
5. Dr. will come back during lunch to check on me
6. If no baby by the End of day:
a. baby and I are fine, Dr will take me off meds, let me walk, eat and shower and start again
Wednesday morning at 4:30 am and continue
b. baby and I are not fine- Dr. will slice and dice to get baby out quick

Any guesses on:
His size?
Day/Time he is born?
How many hours I'll labor?

I've been an emotional mess. Mark and I went to church yesterday...last time without a baby. Passed the mothers' room....last time without it actually having a purpose for me (other than being the stinky room). When I go to bed tonight, its the last time Mark and I go to bed in our room without our little guy. We've had 5 wonderful years together and boy has it been fun. I'm so grateful for the time we've been able to get to know each other, laugh, cry and pray together. Now we're going to have a great time full of laughter, crying (loads of that I'm sure), prayers and getting to know the new people we are about to become. I can't wait to share this experience with him and share our little man with you each of you. Thank you for riding with us on this wonderful journey of sentimental feelings. Tomorrow we leave as a couple and later this week we come home as a family! :)

11 comments:

Shauna said...

Good Luck Casey and Mark! I'll be thinking of you all day tomorrow. Your post totally fits the Sentimental Gentles...I am crying!
Enjoy every minute of these next few days...seriously!
Love to all of you!

Katheryn said...

Sweet dreams tonight of a happy easy delivery.

I'm going to guess that if all goes as planned and you check in tomorrow at 6:30 that you'll be holding little Mark in your arms at 3:30 tomorrow afternoon. He'll weigh in at 8 lbs 6 oz and be 21 inches long. Do I win a prize if I'm right?

Can't wait to kiss his little chubby cheeks!!

Stacy Pettersen said...

Wow, I didn't realize how different it is when you're being induced. The night before Annabelle came I was thinking about the yummy Chili's dinner I ate (actually you should probably think about that too because you won't be eating for a while).

Here it goes: Sept. 22nd @ 10:02pm, 9 lbs. 4 oz. (That time will need to be adjusted if the induction starts later).

The curtain is raising, the show is on... BREAK A LEG!!!

Stacy Pettersen said...

Oh, I forgot... 20 inches long.

Deanna said...

I'm so excited for you! As much as your life and relationship will change, it will get sweeter as you cheer each other on as parents. I'm guessing he'll be born at 6:30pm and weigh 8 lbs 11 oz and be 20 1/4 inches long. I bet he'll be cuter than you ever imagined and that you'll be more in love than you thought you could be! We love you! Keep us posted!

Kelly said...

Oh what a wonderful day tomorrow is going to be! I am going to be checking the blog often looking for the photos of Sweet lil Mark. I hope you have a good hair day for all those photos.
My guess:
6:15... he will be
8 lbs
11 oz
19 inches.
Hope you sleep tonight... you'll need all the rest you can get!
I can't wait to watch this wonderful ride we call "Parenthood"
Love You!

Jessica Chalmers said...

I don't see the sam eagle, but he may grow into it. Lets see.... 8lbs 13oz and 21 and a half inches and super cute!

My Music and Movement Class said...

I had a dream about you having your baby last night. I was in labor, too, which wasn't a good thing because mine's not as done as yours. Good luck!

mrsarmogansclass said...

Cry, cry, cry...that's all I do when I think of how far you've come as a couple! We've both enjoyed the joys of extra bonding time together as married couples and the pains and disappointments of yearning to be a mommy month after month and year after year! Now here you are and it couldn't be any sweeter :)

I believe he will be born September 22nd at 5:06pm and will be 8lbs, 6ozs and measure 20.5 inches long...oh, and be ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE :)

Mandi said...

I can not wait!!! My gues is he looks like mark with your cute nose and mouth.

* around 9:00 p.m
* 9 lbs 2 oz
* 20 inches and a 1/4 long

Just so you know My family does the weight guessing game and everyone bets $1.00 and whoever wins gets the pot. it is loads of fun. Also since whoever wins gives the money to the new baby is can't be gambling. :)

Jim and Allison said...

I'm so excited for you both! You are going to be an amazing Mommy! Hang in there, the recovery is a day at a time. Each day you will get stronger and more used to this new role in your life. He came to you both and so you will know just what to do! Love ya!