Sep 17, 2009

My Best Friend- The Birthday Girl

Do you know her? This is Cassie Renee Gullett Clarkson. Today (Thurs Sept 17th) is her birthday. I think I get way more excited for her birthday than I do my own. I've been lucky enough to grow up with this gorgeous girl as my sister, my right hand, my best friend. She is unlike anyone you'll ever meet. She has a huge heart, she does anything she can for everyone she loves. She is LOADS of fun. She ALWAYS takes the best pictures...And I'm going to show her off for a moment.

Look how beautiful she is! This was from our sexy photo shoot we did for our husbands. :)



She even looks great up close!



She's always quick with a crazy face for pictures!


For Halloween one year, the three amigos from our office decided we should dress up as a great trio-we were Paper, Rock, Scissors. Cassie was Rock, I was Scissors...this is her crushing me.





Here we are with our super cute mama. This was a great weekend of Time Out For Women.


This was one of our fun Memorial Day trips- we love to ride go-karts.

Here she is with some crazy hair...looks like she's snorting to me. But why laugh if you don't snort? Cause that's when you know you're having a really good time!


This was a picture she was taking to send to a guy she met online...he's now her husband.




To go along with birthdays, here she is blowing out some candles after wishes were made for her and her baby girl, GA. She's great at picking out good cakes and desserts. This cake was super tasty.




Here she is super serious about the dessert table for my family shower. There were cupcakes, a yellow cake, chocolate cake with candied strawberries and a red velvet cake cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory! She wanted nothing more than it to be perfection for me...and it was!




Cassie and I have always done just about everything together. We shared a room growing up, we shared clothes for a short period of time (when she wasn't looking), she always took me places with her even when my parents didn't make her, she taught me to drive a 5-speed when I was 12 (I won't tell Christian), she let me hang out with her friends.
As adults, we lived together again, did everything together again and each Sunday, she'd jump in bed with me until it was time to get ready for church. We vacationed together, we prayed together and we've certainly loved together. We've had the best life as best friends and today, is a super special day that we get to celebrate her!

She recently got me hooked on a show called Deliver Me on the Discovery Health channel. The theme song reminds me of Cassie every time I hear it.

When the end of the day has come and we're running out of time
You are the one who knows me and knows what's on my mind
I can't be Super Woman no matter how I try
But my strength is greater when I know you're by my side.

My sister, my right hand, my best friend
Deliver me to the bright eyes of fortune
Deliver me
I need your help to push me through
And I know you need me too
My sister, my right hand, my best friend
Deliver me.

At the end of the day and we've fought the good fight
We've given our blood and tears and it's still worth the ride
You have an insight into how far we've come
And I'm grateful for every moment and every battle won.

My sister, my right hand, my best friend
Deliver me to the bright eyes of fortune
Deliver me
I need your help to push me through
And I know you need me too
My sister, my right hand, my best friend
Deliver me.

Cassie-Thank you for always sharing a laugh, a cry and sometimes a bed. Thank you for being my sister, my right hand and my very best friend. I love you so much!
P.S. She also shares a birthday with her husband Jason...so Happy 40th Birthday UKJay!

3 comments:

Katheryn said...

Love all the pictures. Cassie makes the best faces :) Your post makes we wish that I had a sister just like her. Maybe you just need to share her with me :)

Heather said...

There is no friendship like a sisters, and it sounds like she is quite the lady! Thanks for sharing, and Happy birthday day to you Cassie!

that1gamer2know said...

I'm speechless. (to say the least) This is truly a beautiful post and totally unexpected. I've always felt like I was the lucky one to be related to you. You are an amazing sister and I couldn't have asked for more. PS - every time I hear the Deliver Me song I think of you too!!! I love you more than I could ever express in words. Hopefully I can continue to spend my days proving how special you are to me!