Sep 10, 2009

Tell 'Em Large Marge Sent Ya!

We had an ultra sound today!

Questions: Is Little Mark head down?
How big is Little Mark?

Well good news...He's HEAD DOWN!!

The ultra sound tech's name is Jenn. We love her! She's always been good times. Jenn asked "so when is your due date?" I said "supposed to be Oct 5th but last u.s. you said he was about 10 days ahead of schedule." And she said "WHEN?" And Mark repeated Oct 5th to her. I said "why, is it different?" She said "well, looks like he's measuring with a due date of TOMORROW!" I said "WHAT?" You can imagine my surprise right? So I said to her "how much does it look like he weighs?" She said "I'm going to calculate that right now, I'll be back."

So Mark and I sat waiting and waiting and waiting. When Jenn came back, she wouldn't look us in the face. She kept saying "Well, I could be off by a pound, give or take." and things like "Do you know how much I told your sister her baby was to see if I was pretty well on target with her?" I said "No, I don't know anything about that." I said "Are you going to tell us or are you waiting for back up from the Dr?" She said "well, I told Dr. Thirumlai and she said she knew your baby would be big!" At this point, Mark and I are DYING to find out. "Jenn, just tell us!" She said "I'm measuring him at 8 lbs 9 oz!!!" Go ahead, re-read that. 8 lbs 9oz (give or take a pound). All I could do was laugh hysterically! I think everyone in the office heard me laughing. What a SHOCK!

Jenn said she measures large so realistically he's between 7.5 lbs and 8.5 lbs. She would put money on him coming out no less than 8 lbs.

If he was going to be a girl, I'd name her Large Marge! Just like PeeWee!

Tomorrow, we meet with the Dr and and we'll have a better idea of what to expect. I will be glad to share more info with each of you in our super exciting journey of the Little (or not so little) guy getting here.

4 comments:

Kim Jarvis said...

Large Marge always scared the mess out of me.
Katie-girl was 8-11. But that was my 4th. Good luck, girl! You'd better not go in to labor tomorrow!

Erin said...

WOW! I sure hope that "little" guy doesn't make you go to 40 weeks! Grady would have been a big boy, had he waited. He was 7lbs, 4oz - born at 36 weeks. Good luck!

Amanda and Steve said...

Holy cow. So is size the only thing that determines if a baby is done or not? Maybe you would like to have that C-section after all! But I'm so glad he decided to flip around the way he should be!

Katheryn said...

I can't wait to hear what the doctor says! It would be great to meet little, or rather not so little, Mark even sooner than expected!