Nov 15, 2010

New Beginnings

About 5.5 years ago, just after my wedding, one of my best friends from childhood broke up with me. It was so sad. It was a misunderstanding. I haven't stopped thinking of her all these years. I have dreamed about us being friends and doing things together and would wake up sad.

She has recently lost her beautiful mother. I found out through another friend. My heart hurts for her. I was so sad I wasn't there for support. However, I didn't waste another minute. I looked at my phone and her number came back to me. She invited me right over and I went running.

Things we had to catch up on:
Her engagement
Her wedding
Her pregnancy
My pregnancy
Her sweet son born June 2009
My sweet son born Sept 2009
The good things that happened while we were on a break. Some not-so-good things.

Funny thing, I was getting weighed in at an OB appointment and saw her birth announcement on the wall right in front of my eyes. We went to the same office. And not a big office, either. I was thrilled for her and sad we couldn't share those pregnant moments together. We were only a few steps away from each other, and didn't know.

I could never truly describe how happy it makes me to be reconnected with my dear friend. We have a new place to start. My husband is also thrilled, he and her husband were friends, too. Marky doesn't even realize all the good times he's up for. Now our families get to go on double play-dates. I'm thrilled for this new beginning.

4 comments:

Amber Miskin said...

That's awesome Casey that you were able to reconnect. It's a hard thing to do sometimes and I'm glad you had the courage to just call!

Stacy Pettersen said...

That is wonderful Casey! I have had that kind of experience too and I KNOW the relieved and happy feeling!!!

Katheryn said...

That really is great to have a friend back! So glad that happened for you!

Kelly said...

Oh what a Happy day! She is a LUCKY girl you looked her up! Who wouldn't want to get hooked up with you? I bet she loved seeing your lil jr. too. So fun! I have missed your blog posts!