Nov 16, 2010

Off the Radar

I haven't really wanted to blog. That's not true, I haven't found the desire to share what's going on. And really I haven't had my camera close.

Things that have happened since Marky's 1st birthday.

Marky started walking. Like took off over night! And he would just laugh the whole time. Now he's way more stable. He's into EVERYTHING! I find him in cabinets, bathrooms, closets, drawers (especially the one under the stove), refrigerators, boxes, laundry baskets, the laundry room, under tables and desks or sitting on the stairs (boxes block him from going up, but he still sits and enjoys the view). Toys are everywhere. Seriously, I found one of my refrigerators unplugged today. The one that holds the frozen treats and extra food--you know I plugged that one back up, quickly. He dances. If you haven't seen the video of him dancing on my facebook page, go there NOW! He's most certainly my kid. It is seriously SOOO fun at my house. He is a blast.

We moved. Kind of a good move. We live four blocks from the shop, two to three block from Taco Bell, Wal*Mart, Publix and El Apache, and about three minutes from my parents. That's my favorite part. Mark comes home every day for lunch. YAY! We're in a different ward (Orange Park 1st) and in a larger (but a lot less expensive) house than before.

Marky started really using his signs and started talking more. He loves to say "HELLO!" He'll try to sign "more" and it turns into "yay." So then, while signing it, I say "More? You want more?" and he'll say "Moh. Yeah. Yeah" while nodding his head up and down. But he is starting to really communicate and it is SO fun to see.

Right before we moved homes, Mark was thinking about moving the shop first. His rent was way too expensive for what we needed, so he looked around, found something for a great price, called his landlord and let him know we were going to move. His landlord came back and offered him a severely reduced amount to stay. So we decided it would be silly to move. However, just after we got settled in the new house, the landlord called back and told Mark he sold the property. So he has to move anyhow. But this is good. We're really excited about the new changes. Best part, between the new house and new shop, we'll be paying about 1/3 of the amount were originally paying.

I have a new calling coming. I've known about it for over a month, and I keep not getting sustained. I get to church, on time (don't faint) and expect it...then BAM! I get smacked upside my head with a whole lot of NOTHING. I kinda think the Lord wants me to be there on time. So I have two new callings: arriving at church on time; and the other. And if I can get then first taken care of, He'll then start me in the other calling.

We have each other, we're happy and we're close to just about everything. What more could a girl want? Except an island in the kitchen...oh wait, I have one of those now, too. Not a big island, but it has a plug and storage underneath. So its my baking island. And that makes me happy.

4 comments:

Amber Miskin said...

That's awesome! I'm glad things are going good...I love my island too! Although beware...ours turns into the dump spot a lot!!!

Amber said...

Can I come bake with you? I made a pumpkin roll a couple days ago and thought of you the whole time:) I'm not n facebook please post the video on yor blog. I'm so excited for all Marky is learnig and doing! Children are the ultimate blessing! My comment is way to long I need to just call you!

Stacy Pettersen said...

"I haven't found the desire to share what's been going on"... that sounds like it's bad, but from the look of it these are all good things, right??? Well, I hope these are good things for you!

Shauna said...

Enjoy your baking island. When I finally got one, I wondered how I had managed for so many years without!
And the new calling???? Can't wait to hear!