Nov 21, 2009

Unwelcome Guest


Are you kidding me? Since June we've had this CRAZY sound coming from under our house. Evidently an Armadillo has taken residence and we can't seem to get him to leave. We tried to tell him he wore out his welcome. We tried to block him...with a cement block. He has lived through it! He was blocked in for 2 months and lives to tell. I bet he laughs at us. We had to pull out all our bushes (which I hated anyhow) just to get to the hole he dug.
Since we pulled out all the bushes Now, we're getting letters saying we have to do something with our flower beds or get a fine. But we need this guy to leave so we can make it look nice. We Still hear the crazy noises he makes. Right now it sounds like he's vacuuming. Doesn't he have anything better to do on a Saturday night? Maybe my mom sent him. We always cleaned on Saturday nights to the oldies. I should probably put on some oldies music, do some dishes and make my mom proud. I would be VERY thankful for this guy moving out. He's not welcome but I do appreciate him reminding me to do my chores! :)
Today I'm thankful for my sweet hard-working husband. He is so patient with me and loves me in spite of my imperfections. I'm still trying to get the hang of all the time a new baby requires and getting all (or even some) of my housework done. Being here all day sometimes I get stuff accomplished and other days nothing gets done except there is a baby that has been fed, cleaned and loved. This morning he helped me clean up and reminded me again why I married him. And kissed me every time I passed him. Mark, I love you!
Now off to do my dishes.

3 comments:

Katheryn said...

Yikes! I hope you can get rid of him. The armadillo, I mean, not your husband. I'm thinkin' he's one you should keep around forever :)

Deanna said...

Mark sure is a rock star! He's a great guy, and a lucky one to have such an amazing family! :) (minus the armadillo) Maybe there's some Appalacian magic that can help you exorcise the armadillo.

Anonymous said...

We had an Armadillo too! This really works... Get some bars of soap and put them in some pantyhose and tie them, then place them in the hole where the armadillo keeps coming and it will keep the little sucker out! You can also try Coyote urine (sold at ACE hardware store off of blanding.) Good Luck! ...By the way your sweet baby is so Adorable! :)