Nov 1, 2009

Name Them One by One

I'd like to take this month to count my blessings and share what I have to be thankful for, especially the small stuff.

Today I'm thankful we made it to church! We haven't been since having the little guy. We were super late (even with the extra hour on our side) but I convinced myself regardless of time, we'd be there. So at 10:45, we left the house and rolled into church just in time for Priesthood and Relief Society. The lesson was certainly one I needed to hear.

Our RS Pres gave us 7 minutes to find someone we haven't talked during the last week and see if there was a need or how we can be of service to them. I saw someone I wanted to talk to that I never see but got distracted by someone I talk to each Sunday. After talking to her a few minutes, I was headed over to the other lady. When I realized she was already talking to someone else, I started talking to our RS president. She was watching each of us but no one was talking to her. I guess we don't think about the fact that they may have a need too. I realized I need help my RS Pres take care of our ward. She seems to be doing most of it herself and I don't think that's part of His plan! So each week, I want to try my best to do some good in the world, help someone in need and get joy beyond measure!

We showed up for the first time in 6 weeks and got ourselves a new calling. We are both thankful for the new opportunity we have to serve. I'll be able to share that with you at a later date.

Now, I'd like to be thankful for a nap!


5 comments:

Amanda and Steve said...

Darn it about the new calling! I wanted you in YW once you got settled into being a mom.
Maybe I'll be able to steal you...

Mandi said...

I love it when I get excited about something. OUr ward did this little packet with all sorts of stuff to work on. Like house clenaing, visting teaching, Hubby, children and all that stuff. I have been working on each catagory and I feel like a whole knew women. Go treat your relef socty presiden with some love. Good for you! Yeah for a new calling!! Can not wait to hear what is is!

Kelly said...

You do have LOTs to be Thankful for~! Love the new header photo. You and your men. So Cute! That ward is Lucky to have you. You spice up what ever calling you have. I'm excited to hear what it will be! Amen on the Nap. I got a good one in today and life just seems so much better after a little sleep!

Katheryn said...

Hope you got your nap! I sure could have used one :) And good for you for realizing that even our leaders need service done for them. I think we sometimes forget that they are people that have problems and need help just like the rest of us. Happy Sunday!

Laurel Shaw said...

vacations over!! New callings are the best, right? I hope you get to talk to that lady. You're a great friend to have and would be someone she looks forward to seeing every sunday!!!