Feb 18, 2010

My Not So Subtle Valentine's

Saturday, Mark let me know he had running around to do. I know that is code for "I need to go shopping for you." So as we were parting ways I thought about Valentine's last year and Katheryn's post about her blatant hints, I said to him "I like the big chocolate covered strawberries, not the little ones. And just a few."

His response "Don't you be bad!" Always his response when I have him figured out, I always do. And I'll warn you, I'm SUPER hard to surprise. I had to stop guessing presents under the tree before I opened them cause it would break Mark's heart.

So here is something similar to what I got...

...I should have mentioned the word MILK in my request. Although I like dark chocolate, I normally only like it when milk and semi-sweet chocolate is not available.

Don't get me wrong, I ate the dark chocolate. They came with a gift certificate to get a mani and pedi, along with gifts cards from Torrid and Lane Bryant. I didn't even hint to those. Mark's observant- he looked around and saw my toes are jacked up and my wardrobe is kinda terrible.

Thanks to my main sweetheart. I love you for being so thoughtful of me.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

NICE work Mark! Those Straberrys look De-lish! I would have to agree... Milk is Always best! Can't wait to see you in those New Clothes... You must show!

Amber Miskin said...

That's great! I'm glad you had a great day!

Mandi said...

what about the whities? white chocolate deserve some love to lady! High five to Mark and the gift cards but even more impressive is the mani/pedi. Tell him to pass to his BF that I would love that as a gift. So funny you always guess the presents.... you should throw in a fake guess in every now and then to throw him for a loop. Glad you had a good day!

Katheryn said...

MMMMMmmmmm chocolate strawberries. I LOVE those. And I am all about the Mild too. Glad you had a great Valentine's Day!