Feb 19, 2010

New Calling

For those of you unaware...I have a new calling. I am one of the assistant camp directors for Girls' Camp.

I started going to Girls' Camp when I was 12. I love Girls' Camp. I used to live for Girls' Camp. I found my testimony in those woods. I shared my testimony there. I found so many friends there. I received my mission call at camp. Last year was supposed to be my last time for a while. I guess the Lord thought different.

How am I supposed to leave my baby for a week????

Anyhow, we're planning and I saw the staff list. Kim Jarvis is on there but of course she doesn't live in our stake. Kelly Thompson...why did you move? You were SO on the list! I'll miss you this year. But there could be others reading this blog that are on the list. I hope you're invited. I hope you accept. I'd love to spend the week with you. Come get ticks with me. :)

Details to follow. (Not too soon though)

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Ahhh Nuts! That would have been a COMPLETE BLAST! I did Love my week at camp last week. Large part due to you and your Crazy way of making everything Fun and making everyone Laugh! Funny thing is I just got called my 2nd week at our ward to Camp Assitant. I have my first meeting tonight! We will have to share ideas and of Course blog the wonderful week at camp! You will be the BEST! They picked the righ person for the week! I will miss out on all your Greatness!
I feel your Pain on leaving your Baby for a week! It STINKS!!! Have Mark drive into camp each night! Or Heck call mark as your helper and then make it a family affair and you can all stay in one of the Air Conditioned rooms, with fridge, Toliet... Mark can put lil mark in a backpack and the two of them can help when sees fit.. Like the pool watcher job?
Good Luck! I will be thinking of you as we plan and prepare for the year. If you have any fab. ideas you need to pass them on to me!
Love You!

Mandi said...

You will be great! How about I go give lil' Mark kisses and Love for you everyday? I can not wait to hear all the details.... Heavenly father called the perfect lady! Those girls are L-U-C-K-Y!

Heather said...

Girl I'd love to come get ticks with you =) What a fun calling, the girls are lucky to have such a great leader/example in you!

Kim Jarvis said...

Wish I could go! :(
(That is still so weird to me)

Deanna said...

I want to be on the list (if I weren't in IOWA). I was in that group that witnessed you open your call. That's one of my favorite camp memories. Ever. LOVE YOU!

Deanna said...

Oh... I should add (it goes without saying... obviously) you will do a FABULOUS JOB! No joke.