Mar 2, 2011

No Heart Beat = Gender Reveal?

We had a Dr's appt today. I know the secret of getting an ultrasound. If they can't get the heartbeat on the heart doppler, we get to see this beautiful baby. And thinking about that, I just got excited. I'm far enough along to see if we have another hot dog or if we're getting our first little set of hamburger buns. So there I sat, crossing my fingers that we'd get to see this baby and especially the parts. My wish came true, no heart beat. Which is a little scary to think of but luckily, we heard this child move, so all was good. But they must record the heart beats per minute.
Then we waited to be called into the ultrasound room. Got called in, baby on the monitor, legs spread and guess what? Feet all tucked up, shielding the little baby parts that make this baby a boy or girl. AHHH NUTS! Have another week to wait.
Good news, we got a heart rate. It was 145 bpm. Any thoughts? What is your guess? Do you think Marky is getting a baby brother or baby sister?

6 comments:

Amanda and Steve said...

I was anxious to find out if you saw something so I was just skimming to the end. I saw "NUTS!" and thought "boy!" But I was wrong. :-)

that1gamer2know said...

Next time get all jacked up on Mt. Dew before you go in. That baby will be all over like a spider monkey! You'd be sure to see something!

Heather said...

Girl, girl, girl!!! That's totally something a girl would do...

Kim Jarvis said...

My prediction will always be girl! And Heather is totally right about that being a girl thing to do! Either way, I can't wait to find out next week!

Katheryn said...

I'm going to go with girl too - only because it would be awesome for you to experience both a boy and a girl. They are so very different and both so very very special.

Amber Miskin said...

I'm guessing girl, but only because of the heartbeat. I've heard girls have higher heartbeats...and mine is at 150 every single month...who knows? And she was very shy before we found out!