Jun 25, 2009

Diagonal or Down the Middle?


I'm a messy eater! My "love-shelf" shares my meals with me all the time. There's nothing I can do about it. When I lean in, my boobs lead the way and end up getting dirty. At girls camp, if you put your elbows on the table they make you get up and run around the table for being naughty. They called me out last year because my ta-tas were on the table! In fact, on my mission, there was a sweet couple who always had a full sized towel laid out for our Wednesday night dinners. When Mark and I went to visit my mission 3 years ago, we ate with that same couple and they had my towel waiting on me.

In an effort to try and conserve the top portions of my shirts/blouses- I cut my sandwiches. First of all, seeing everything in the middle of the sandwich makes me happy! Second, I feel like I'm helping my severe food dropping by cutting my food. I still cut up my spaghetti like I'm 2(again, hoping it helps). And third, I like somewhere to put my side dish(es) and they look more appetizing with a sandwich holding them on my plate. So when it comes to the types of cuts for me, it depends on the type of sandwich.

Peanut butter and jelly and my good breakfast friend- the egg sandwich (which I'm famous for and my husband HATES) always get cut down the middle. Bagel sandwiches, burgers and anything round get the middle cut by default. Turkey, ham, BLT, cheese (grilled or not), chicken salad, egg salad (different from my breakfast buddy), wraps, ANYTHING else....diagonal cut! And I'm totally serious about those cuts! So, that's me, your local sandwich cutting fool! I haven't even touched on the way I wrap my sandwiches in a paper towel.
Do you cut your sandwiches? Do you have a preference of cut?

1 comments:

The Sauls Family said...

Casey- I have the same "shelf" problem! I have ruined SO MANY shirts when I accidentally dropped something greasy and/or tomato based. Grrrr...But just like you, I always cut my sandwiches in hald too!