Jun 4, 2009

Driving Excitement

When I met Mark he drove a 1988 Pontiac Bonneville. He told me about his love for the Pontiac brand.

Here's Mark. My classic man driving his classic car. In fact, Mark has never owned anything new. He lives in old cars. This all original 1949 Pontiac Chieftain is his daily driver. He LOVES this car, even though it has no air conditioning!

Mark has found a new love. This is a Pontiac G8 GXP. It is the new love of his life. He's considered it over and over and can't stop thinking about it. So we went to buy it. Multiple times. They just started making it and they also just stopped making it since Pontiac is saying goodbye.

Here he is excited and waiting to sign the paperwork. The interior of the car actually looks like his shirt.


Right after this picture, they came over and showed the figures that had changed, they tried to stick us with a crazy interest rate and we left with no new car. I didn't take any other pictures. I didn't want to upset him anymore. They called us back yesterday to give us a WAY better interest rate, some rebates and restore some confidence in them. We go over again tomorrow to check it out. We'll have to see what happens. I'll take my camera just in case Mark drives home his first new car!

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Both cars look really nice but I would have to say that AC is a must in Florida. Been there done that, won't do it again.

Christina Brinkworth said...

I hope he gets the new car, but if not the old one is GREAT!!!

Kelly said...

Looken Good!
Im impressed you are blogging... are you ready for camp? I am so not ready and we have 2 days... ahhh! Do you have any secrets or tips you need to pass my way?...
Good Luck with the cars!