Jun 25, 2009

Driving Excitement-Take 2

My sweet husband Mark never wanted a new car. He loves the old stuff. He's got an old soul and his old soul loves to drive an old car. Well, the daddy in him has been coming out. He started thinking about having the baby and only one car with seat belts and A/C and emergencies while he's watching the baby and...you can see where this is going.
Here we are again. We were waiting on our salesman Ken to come walking up. And that's him walking next to the Yukon.
This is serious business. Why wasn't I sitting over there? I had my 4th trip to the potty!
We decided to take a break and go to Bono's. Nothing says Saturday like BBQ cheese fries.


They probably look terrible to you at this point, but I'm hungry just looking at this messy plate.

Car was finally finished being detailed. We also had them remove the vinyl pinstripes and dealership sticker...Mark hates them.

Yay for Mark's first new car


He was trying everything out.


He was ready to drive home


city- 13 mpg/hwy-20mpg, good thing we bought it off 9-A.


OK, he thought he was ready to drive home...the weather was terrible that day! He was so excited that he wasn't paying attention to the fact he was in an exit lane.




Can you see him?




I was trying to capture the special moments, but it was quite difficult to do while driving in the rain.


The weather finally cleared up.

So here it is, his rear wheel drive Panther Black 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP, black onyx interior with a beefy 415 horsepower engine. He has put his '49 Pontiac Chieftain for sale.
I'm so happy for Mark! He finally got a new car and he LOVES it! If you need a fast ride, he'll give you the white knuckle grip! Just don't let him get a ticket please!
Now who wants to go to Bono's for BBQ cheese fries?

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Very nice car but now I'm hungry for cheese fries. Let's go to Bonos and we can cut the sandwich any which way it makes it easiest to "get in my belly!"

Katheryn said...

I'm with Nathan on this one. I could so go for some Bonos right about now. Tell Mark congrats on the new car!

Amber Miskin said...

That's great! I know Jon would kill for a brand new car, especially one like that! I'm sure the baby will appreciate it too! speaking of baby...mine's a hollerin, better go!