Jul 1, 2009

Happy July!


Growing up, we looked forward to July. It meant one thing only...Atlanta Gullett Family Reunion. My family is very patriotic and we loved to take time together and celebrate. Regardless of other family trips and activities- we always went to Atlanta, we always stayed at the Residence Inn by the ATL temple, we always went to Six Flags, White Water and most importantly- always a Braves game. Towards the end of our reunions we added in visiting the Coca Cola Museum, watching everyone taste the nasty drinks from around the world (who could forget Beverly) was a family favorite.

As 4th of July is approaching, I look forward to spending Saturday with my family away from town. It's been a long time since we've traveled together. My parents, brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews are all so special to me and it makes me happy just thinking of all the fun we get to have together this weekend.
Not only are we getting together Saturday but we're also going to church together Sunday for little Miss Georgia's blessing. What a special day that will be and I can't wait!


I hope you enjoy the holiday weekend. God Bless America.

6 comments:

Shauna said...

Atlanta and SLC are my two favorite Fourth of July cities. You and I were probably in ATL at the RI together. It is our family hang out, also. Now that my parents live down here, not as often, but it is still a place we plan to meet as often as possible.

Heather said...

That sounds like so much fun! Have fun with your family, and Happy
4th to you!

Amanda and Steve said...

Ah..I love July 4th. Did you know I grew up outside of Atlanta and my parents live there? They are actually probably coming this weekend.

mrsarmogansclass said...

Awwwwww...isn't 4th of July the BEST! All about family!!! We'll be spending this 4th at Camp Blanding or the Beach...YAY! Either way I get an opportunity to catch up to my TAN little baby girl :) Happy 4th to you and Mark...and especially Lil' Mark (his first official-unofficial 4th)

Katheryn said...

Happy 4th to you too! Have a great time!

Jac said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe someone else will never forget the horribleness that is the England BEVERLY! Seriously that crap could kill! Too funny. And Six Flags & White Water = basically where I spent my entire childhood. Man, I wish I was there now!!