Jul 28, 2009

Its Painting Time!

That's right-Saturday we had to get down to business and get Little Mark's room painted. Things are finally starting to come together. We found some really great buys on craigslist (Stacy, you would be proud) and will be picking them up very soon.

Luckily, we had some lots of friends and family offer to help. However, we weren't sure what time we'd get started so we had to wing it!

We went with two shades of blue...but I I like the lighter one way better. Almost enough to repaint the two walls with the darker blue, however I promised Mark I'd wait and see what I think of everything!

Here we are, the excited parents-to-be. I'm showing off my ta-tas that just won't stop growing. I joke that by the end of my pregnancy I won't be able to clap...I think I'm almost there. I can barely reach the steering wheel in my car around these things.


Ravi (who hates to paint) offered up his services and helped move things along really quick.


Yep, here I am breaking the rules. I was painting, on a ladder with my hands over my head. I wanted to be part of the action. At least I wasn't also eating cookie dough, deli meat sandwiches, sushi and snow skiing that day. I do know where to draw the line!
And yes, Mark is wearing his favorite shirt! In fact, our Mac Tools guy gave him more of these jerseys after I told him how often Mark is wearing them.


My parents came by. Little Mark's Proud Pappaw (as the future shirt will read) was there helping.


Mom was there to boost morale and boss us around. Sometimes that's just what you need.




This was the last picture we got. My dad had Mark convinced he got paint all over his favorite jersey. Mark was more concerned about getting it all over the house, he claims he didn't care so much about the jersey.



The little guy's room is coming along. Once we get the furniture in there we'll keep showing the progress. We're so excited that we're down to 69 days! Just when we thought it would take forever to get this little miracle here, it really has flown by. I know the last month will probably feel like an eternity of discomfort, but I'm ready. Can't possibly feel as long as 3.5 years of negative results! We can't wait to fill our lives, this room and our home with all the love that this little bundle will bring.

10 comments:

Katheryn said...

It's looking good! I can't believe you were up there painting too!!! Not to mention breathing all those fumes. I'm surprised it didn't make you sick. Paint fumes make me nauseated even when I'm not pregnant!

Can't wait to see how you decorate it!!

Mandi said...

Looks like there was good times had by everyone. Let me know if i can do anything to help. Tell mark to put everything together in Little marks room. Aaron put everything together before we had abigail in the living and it did not fit down the hallway. Oh now that was goodtimes! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT!!!!! I love the color did you decide on a theme?

Kelly said...

You Go Girl! I can see you now whipping that paint brush around! I want to see the finished project... shots from every angle! Looks like it is going to be a room of LOVE! I had a blast that night riding the bull with your sista! She is one tought Mama! If only you could have joined in on the fun!
Love the room! Don't forget to post the finished project!

Heather said...

Ohhhh, I like the light blue too! Let us know if you need any more help. We're always up for some paintin' =) (well mostly just we're up for hanging out, but if paintings the way that happens, we'll take it)!

Amber Miskin said...

That is so exciting Casey. It really is a great feeling to do that sort of thing, so I'm with you! You'll be surprised at how much the dark blue stands out once you have furniture in. We only had one dark blue wall in Caleb's room before we moved, but we loved the one wall! There were red stars all over it and it was a great accent!

Amanda and Steve said...

I don't know if I quite have the layout of the room (I like to have visual images of rooms) but the blue is very, very pretty!

Stacy Pettersen said...

I am proud, I am excited to see all the great stuff! I splurged on the deli meat... 9 months without pepperoni is just not right. And going without cookie dough has caused me to have a permanent cookie dough craving; I am still not over it. In fact, I think I'll go make some right now. =)

Michelle said...

Yeah! How fun that you've started on decorating for little Mark's room! So fun. Can't wait to see the end result... :)

mrsarmogansclass said...

Girl, I'm not gonna lie...that is one HOT Indian painter you hired (LOL!) I LOOOOOVE the color of the walls :) Lil' Mark is so BLESSED to have such hardworking parents! Let us know when the furniture starts going together. Ward put together all of ours with a little help from me on the dresser so he needs to pay his dues. hee hee hee!

Unknown said...

I want to come over and see it! I need some inspiration for our little guy's room . . .