Jul 15, 2009

No, Thank you

Mark and I received a thank you card from a couple who recently married. I was on the phone with one of my favorite roomies of all time and read the card aloud. The card reads:
"Mark and Casey,
Thank you for the ____________ (very specific item), we use it all the time!"
Love,
________________(The Newlywed Couple)"
I was laughing SO hard (I snorted) and Becki said "what's so funny about that?" I said "well, we didn't go to the reception and we did not get them this specific item, we didn't get them ANYTHING at all. It was the weekend of my niece's 16th birthday party and I was doing her hair and make-up for prom. So I didn't have time." We both had a good laugh (snorting included).
So now I ask...what's a girl to do? Mark told me to call right away and let her know that wasn't from me. I've been a slacker and haven't said a thing. I don't want to take someone else's credit. However, I do think this could be the best prank ever to be played on someone. So to the person who has super sloppy handwritting and made the bride and groom guess it was from me and Mark, I say "no, Thank you!!"

8 comments:

Nathan said...

That's crazy! We didn't get a thank you card from a newlywed couple just recently. What are the odds!? The town is back THAT way, Lloyd! Love the post!

Katheryn said...

Ha! That is hilarious! There is probably some couple somewhere thinking that this newlywed couple is SO rude for not sending them a thank you note!

Amber Miskin said...

That's super funny! At first I thought the card was actually like a fill in the blank, but they forgot to fill in the blanks. That would have been even more funny I think! :)

Michelle said...

lol. how funny! I agree with Katheryn. lol.

The Gerald's said...

Casey --now I share my funny story with you-- when I got married it was 5 weeks after an old boyfriend. We opened gifts after everyone left. When we opened their gift!!!!-- it had a 'to' and 'from' tag still in it. It had been given to them and they in turn gave it to us!!!!! OOPPSS!!! Next time take out the tag!!!! I say let it go--- now days I don't even keep up with whether or not I get a thank you. I figure-- their new, busy and grateful. Besides-- they told me thank you either at the reception or when I handed them the present-- It's all good!!!!

Stacy Pettersen said...

Hee hee, I say take the credit! I remember trying to decipher names off tags... after all that hard work just let them think they got it right. =)

P.S. I went private with my blog and didn't have your email address to invite you. Email me (stacy.pettersen@gmail.com) and I'll send you the link!

Kelly said...

That was us that sent that gift... I wonder how they got mixed up! Just bring by some cookies and we can call it good!

Erin said...

Oh, thank you notes...I can remember after our wedding trying to decipher and figure out something nice and creative to write in each one. I say take the credit!