Jul 6, 2009

One Bear Awesome Weekend

Mark and I use the word "bear" for just about everything. We were watching My Name is Earl one night and Randy mentioned something being "Bear Awesome" and we can't get over it. So if we want to say something is better than great...obviously its BEAR AWESOME! This weekend was one BEAR AWESOME weekend. It was relaxing and fun and full of family.
This picture was taken after Georgia's blessing Sunday. But who wouldn't want to be a part of this family? We are a fun-loving, good times group.
Left to right
Front Row: (Nephew) Little Johnny
Middle Row: (nieces) Riley, Ashlee, Brittney, Nikki (sister-in-law), Mom, Christian (nephew), GA, Cassie (my sister), Trina (sister-in-law) and Me
Back Row: John II (my brother) a.k.a. cupcake dog (for those that watch the Soup), Dad, Jason (brother-in-law), Madi (niece), Jo-Jo (my brother), Mark (my sexy beast)
Our 4th of July was spent here...Hammock Beach Resort. My brother John and his wife Nikki have a condo/villa here and are kind enough to let us enjoy their amenities and their company.

Other than swimming and eating...we loved all over little Miss Georgia Rose all day.



Aunt Nikki is a GA hog though...so most pictures are while she's holding her.


Mark and I drove home around 9pm and saw fireworks from Palm Coast all the home. We didn't miss anything! We got to see downtown Jax and OP fireworks all while crossing the Buchman bridge. Our neighbors were finishing up their fantastic fireworks show when we pulled in to Oakleaf.

Sunday was GA's blessing. This was before Sacrament started. I took this picture, which means Mark and I beat all odds, we were there BEFORE the opening hymn. Rusty, Aunt Jo and Uncle Jasper couldn't stay for lunch so I wanted to post this one with one of the three in it.




After Sacrament was over Ashlee just had to grab her youngest cousin. GA's shoes and bracelet are SOO cute! And check out that beautiful dress from Aunt Bert!



Here's the happy family. Jason, Cassie, Christian and GA.

I highly recommend naming your child after a state, makes for easy blogging.

Now add in the proud Mammaw and Pappaw (who is always patriotic or festive)



The proud parents with their freshly blessed little angel.


Church was SO emotional for me. I cried almost the entire time. Between my hormone levels and knowing my baby is due to be here in 3 months, Mark will be blessing him, I love the gospel, my family was there, babies bring the peace of heaven...I just couldn't handle myself. I was a blubbering mess.

Jo-Jo & Johnny getting comfy.
(Can you believe Little Mark III and John III are first cousins? How often does that happen?)




Our family is always so supportive. We appreciate each one of them for making the trip to be with us.
Can you tell the sun was in our faces?

Cassie put GA on the bed to change her clothes and this was the pose she gave. :)



One last picture in the dress


Pappaw holding GA



Here I am holding Jim and Angela's new baby Savannah. She is going to be best friends with GA. How funny, Savannah and Georgia...no, it wasn't planned.




I completely forgot to go back and do red eye correction while the pictures were still loaded on my camera. Shoot me now Cassie! But here GA is hanging with Uncle Jason and looking SO cute.



Nikki a.k.a. Baby HOG! And this is the proof. But who can blame her?



Nikki gave up Savannah, kept GA and was making her laugh and coo. I love that face!



I have to say, this weekend was wonderful. Each time I held GA in my arms it made me realize even more how ready I am for my own little bear to get here. I can't wait to meet him and introduce him to you. Mark and I are both getting SO excited for his arrival. He needs to stay in the oven until golden brown!

8 comments:

mrsarmogansclass said...

Ok...so apparently I am one EMOTIONAL BEAR!!! (LOL) I just about cried all through this dern blog because I just CAN'T wait to hold your little bear :) As I'm sure you can't either. Casey, you're going to be the BEST little Mommy...and just break out the kleenex because the day Lil' Mark is blessed you better call on Moses...to part the "TEAR SEA"! LOL!!!

Katheryn said...

Awh, I am so sad that we missed little GA (love that BTW) blessing. She looks beautiful and she is so blessed to have such a wonderful family. Your little Mark is coming into the world one blessed little dude.

Christina Brinkworth said...

What cute little babies!! And you are going to be the best mommy ever!! I can't wait to see Lil' Mark either!! I especially love the bracelets I saw in the pics!! LOL

that1gamer2know said...

Yep, It was one Bear Awesome weekend! Thank you so much for supporting our little Georgia and our family! I love how much you love us. I just hope you know how much we love you back!!

Dave n' Kristi said...

I really miss you! I wish I didn't live all the way across the country from you!

Kelly said...

Love the photo of the family... what a happy family and so fun to be all together! Looks like Heaven!
Love you and your Sista's faces...

Thanks for the AC.. it was so nice to travel in the cool! Heath told me you told him some good stories... I want to come hang in the shop and hear your storeis!

Happy 4th... Aren't we so LUCKY to live where we do... To be Free! So Blessed!

You will be one HECK of a Mom! I can't wait to see you in action! ....Lets get one of your (work) Parties going before you have Lil' Mark.
Ha Ha! I want to see you in Work mode too! I could use some of your Wisdom!
xoxoxoxo

Mindy said...

Wow - she is beautiful!

Jac said...

You have enticed me to indeed name our twinnes after states. It WOULD make for easy blogging!! :)

Glad you guys had such a great time. It looks like a beautiful, sweet, baby fest! Soon there'll be one more sweet baby to add to the mix!!