Jul 30, 2009

Nursery Forecast: UNfair to Partly Cloudy

We painted (as you all know) and we picked up most of our nursery furniture and now that its set up...I chose the WRONG ROOM! I was hoping to like everything and sadly enough, I don't. Because I chose the room with the bigger closet, which happens to be on the same wall as the door so I only have 3 walls to work with. You walk in the door on the right side of the room, the door opens into wall #1 and so that takes almost 3 feet off that wall. Then the window is on wall #3- the wall across from wall #1 so that takes almost another 3 feet from a wall. Really, we only have wall #2 as our one full wall. When you have a changing table that is more of a changing wall, you see your space dwindling away quick. But I can't give up ANYTHING in my nursery. I LOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEE my wall unit/changing/organizer/EVERYTHING table.

(This is an actual picture of the unit in it's original owner's HUGE nursery.)


So now that I don't like what I've done...any idea how to talk my husband into painting a different room, taking apart all the furniture, moving it into the other room (that I just KNEW I should use in the first place) and then re-painting the now blue room and putting it back as the guest room? I may have to paint the room myself (or pay someone else to do so) just to ease the pain of it.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

7 comments:

Katheryn said...

Wow that changing table/organinzer is so nice! Mark is so sweet. He may grumble a little, but I think he'll make the change for without too much trouble. If you do need some help, I'm sure Nathan would love to come help you. See, he just loves for me to volunteer him to do things :)

Jac said...

Are you SURE it won't work!? Our crib only takes up like 1/3 of the wall it's on in Brookie's room. I mean, if you don't like it then definitely change it. And I know your hubby is way sweet enough to do it for you and not mind. I'm just saying--that's a lot of painting! I guess another thing to keep in mind is that little Mark won't be in a crib forever. He'll need a big boy bed before you know it. (Brookie's already moving in to one NOW!) Although if you're having more kids then maybe it's better to go ahead and move the nursery to the other room now... Okay I've been no help whatsoever. But, GOOD LUCK! :)

Stacy Pettersen said...

I agree with Jac that you should keep considering it. Set everything up and leave if for a few weeks just to see if it grows on you. If not, change it before it's too late. And as for the hubby, just make it seem like it's not a big deal... "I am not going to make you do that. I'm sure I can get it done myself." And there's no way he'll let a pregnant woman do all that by herself!

Michelle said...

lol. :) I know, I totally shouldn't even be smiling at this Super HUMONGO problem. :) I'm so sorry. But I think that if you really want to change rooms your sweet husband would do it. Its a super cool unit you've got there though! I hope you can make it work in your painted room....best of luck.

Erin said...

ooooooh, I love that changing table - pottery barn, isn't it? I have been drooling over it since baby#1, but I don't think we could fit it plus a crib in our nurerys...
As for the issue, I would move the stuff. Your first nursery should be exactly as you want it! (and Stacy's idea is great!)

Amber Miskin said...

I'm sorry. Good luck and hopefully it'll work out. But I would try it first, or even give your hubby the option to try it out in the new room first, and then move it, or just start off in the new room...

Mandi said...

Ok so I have seen the room and girl the changing table and a crib will never work. However think of it as your new changing table is so amazing you gotta work for it. I volunteer Mine and Aaron's services. He could do the furniture and I can paint. Maybe if Mark had Aaron it would not be so bad. Are you ready for a black, white and red racing nursey. I say Bring on the no bake Cookies!