Aug 3, 2009

So....

....buttons
Have I mentioned I really want to learn to sew? More than buttons though. I want to make a sewing machine for my birthday and everything. (A sign I'm turning 30 very soon!) Its been burning within me now for about 6 months. The county was doing an 8-week adult continuing education class for sewing and I was all signed up, monies turned in and ready! The day before class started-it was canceled. WhAT??? How could this be? Not enough people signed up for it. So I'd like to give a shout out to each of the people that didn't make this happen for me! That would be all of you reading this that live in the vicinity. Now its up to you...who wants to teach me to sew and what do you suggest I start out with?

5 comments:

Amanda and Steve said...

Wouldn't you know?! I just bought a refurbished Brother sewing machine off of Overstock.com for $60. My mom taught me to sew when I was younger but I didn't really like it and didn't get too advanced. But maybe it's nesting or something because I would like to learn to sew again but I do know the basics. I want to sew a pillowcase purse and curtains for the baby's room for starters. I also really want to make a baby blanket but I'll start simple first.

Amber Miskin said...

That's too funny...I'm trying to get some help learning too. I even want to make the boys' Halloween costumes this year. We'll see how this goes! I've only used a machine once, to make a huge quilt.

Katheryn said...

Wish I could help, but my sewing skills are pretty mediocre. If only my sister lived closer. She can sew ANYTHING and I really mean anything. I know she would just love you and would have the best time giving you lessons. Unfortunately she lives 3 hours away so I don't think it would work very well :(

Jac said...

Casey that's great that you want to learn to sew! I, too, have only minimal sewing skills. Well, I can sew anything, it just might not be right! :) But definitely start with picking out a machine that seems easy to use to you. That's all I got! :) If you want to knit, that's another thing--THAT I can help with! Good luck!

Heather said...

Get over here girl!! I'm not too skilled, but I know my way around a machine pretty well, and I'd love to sew with you!I need to use my machine more anyway.