Aug 13, 2009

What just happened?

This morning I came into Mark's shop, put some mail on the desk and out of no where I was wet and warm. I had no urge to use the bathroom, I hadn't done anything. I had no clue what happened. So, I took myself to the restroom to see what was going on. Everything was clear. At that point, I did what any girl in my situation would do...I called my mama!

Mom: Hello
Me: Hey Mom! I'm wet and didn't have to use the bathroom, any thoughts?
Mom: Let me put some clothes on and I'll be right there

Here I sat thinking about all the possibilities. So again, I decided maybe I should call my Dr.

Dr Office: Dr. Hyler's office
Me: Hi, My name is Casey Gentle and I feel silly but I don't know what just happened
Dr Office: Yes?
Me: I walked in, put my stuff done on my desk and had now I'm wet. I never had to use the bathroom though.
Dr. Office: What did you say your name is and can you hold on a minute please?
Me: Casey Gentle and of course I can hold
.........
Dr. Office: Mrs Gentle?
Me: Yes
Dr. Office: We need you to go ahead over to the 2nd floor of the hospital and get checked out just to make sure you don't have a rip or tear.
Me: Really?
Dr. Office: Yes, better safe than sorry.
Me: Ok

At this point, my mom walked in and informed me her water never broke with any of her 5 deliveries. So she really didn't know what she was looking for...but she brought pads just in case! I told Mark what the dr's office said and he closed his shop so quick and off we went.

I had to check myself into labor & delivery. So as I went to check in, I said "I feel really silly, but I need to be checked." They told me to strip down, hooked me up to monitors and asked a gazillion questions while my sweet husband held my hand and my mom got to see my goods. While sitting there, all I could think was: I won't be able to take my baby home because I don't have a car seat, I don't have diapers or wipes, I don't have a camcorder and I left the camera at the shop, he's too small, this can't be happening.

The tests came back negative...which meant my water didn't brake! WOOHOO! So even sillier, I just peed my pants. What a relief. I've never been happier to admit I wet myself. I don't want an August baby, I want a nice healthy late Sept/early Oct baby! He's obviously not done baking! Now I just carry extra clothes in my car! What a magical time this is!!

8 comments:

Katheryn said...

Can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm so happy you just peed in your pants! Cause you're right, it is way too early. Glad everything turned out ok!

Mandi said...

I'm with Katheryn. What a relief! You got to get your shower/ celebration before you get little mark here.

Amanda and Steve said...

HAHAHHAHAHA Thanks for giving Steve and me a good laugh. A really, good, hard laugh with tears in our eyes and all. I'm glad that everything's OK and can't wait for that kind of things to happen to me. :-) (Steve said, "How can that happen?" So I had to explain to him a little bit more about what happens to a woman's body when she is pregnant.)

Kelly said...

Oh I have had that happen to me! Heath adn I went to a comedy show and when it was about over I felt this gush and I was wet! We snuch out and headed home. Heath called 911 to ask questions... before he got any answers we had a knock at our door. With a crew to save me... ambulance and all! I ahd to drop my drawers and they tested me, and the results were: Nope your good to go!
I could have crawled under my bed and died!
It happens to the BEST of us!

Jessica Chalmers said...

Magical? It's so magical that I am not doing it again - ever! Glad everything is fine though!

Amber Miskin said...

That's great news! I can tell you once you're water has broken, it doesn't stop. So that's a really good test for next time...if there is a next time. I was told to lay down and then see if I was wet. When your water breaks you usually need to use a pad all the way to the hospital, and usually it's more than one! Just an fyi...

Jac said...

Tooooo funny! :) Super glad little Mark is a-okay!

Michelle said...

lol. what a great story! glad everything was good in the end though!