Aug 26, 2009

30th Birthday, Part 2

Saturday we woke up and Mark's belly was upset. I went downstairs to get him some pepto. While I was down there, I let them know our room was smelling like smoke and it's not us (since entire Marriott line is completely smoke-free) and they changed our room. So that slowed us down for our most important activity of the trip...this gorgeous building. This is the Orlando Temple, where Mark and I were sealed 3.5 years ago. After arriving and walking in to the calm and peace that is the temple, the sweet little man at the desk let Mark know his recommend expired last month and he couldn't go in. I can't believe I didn't look at it. I keep both our recommends in my temple bag so that when we go, we don't forget them. Well, that's a good plan if you keep an eye on the expiration dates. That being said, we walked outside, took pictures for other people and went to Beehive Clothing for some new unders.



Mark quickly needed another trip to the bathroom (still wasn't feeling great, which is why I didn't go on in the temple without him) so we went back to our hotel until my parents were out of the temple. Then we met up with them for a very special lunch....

Who doesn't love Boston Market? Can I just tell you that nothing makes me happier than their mac & cheese and their sweet potato casserole? No birthday is complete without either.
After that, Mark and I had an appointment to visit a spa. We found a place that had a great deal. We had a 1 hour couples massage, 1 hour facial, 20 minute foot massage and a parafin treatment (which wasn't the big deal part of it...but it did make for a good photo opp). This was right after our 1 hour massage, which is why my eyes look swollen and Mark relaxed. We both felt like we had paws and started acting like kitty cats...which is completely normal for us. MEOW.


We walked around old town after our relaxation time. The band started playing and these women were up and dancing. I took pictures because that is totally me in 10, 20, 30 or 40 years. I will dance like no one is watching! Maybe I should say I'll dance like EVERYONE is watching, cause sometimes we all love a crowd. But they don't call me the dance machine for nothing!


Then after eating some dinner and getting back to the hotel in our smoke-free/smell-free room I was down for the count! Mark always takes pictures of me when I'm sleeping. So here you go, this is what a sleeping 30 year old looks like! :)



Sunday we woke up, had a lovely breakfast, utilized our late check out and made our way home. We stopped at my brother's house for a birthday gathering. My oldest nephew Cody turned 21 and we got to celebrate with pizza. It was really a great weekend and I have my husband to thank for taking time off to take me away.
Now...bring on the baby stuff.



7 comments:

Heather said...

Oh you lucky girl! Glad to hear you had a pretty fabulous (and much deserved) break!

Michelle said...

Sounds like so much fun! .....LOL to the MEOW. :)

Angela said...

Um...did you not do everything for your bday or what!!!

Mandi said...

It sounds like you to had some fun! I bet there were high fives and snorting. :) Mark looks like he is so relaxed he is falling asleep after the massage. CUte that he did that with you. He should tell his BFF. I am glad you had a family- fun- love filled birthday. You certainly deserved to have a good one!

Amanda and Steve said...

What a great birthday! And you are quite the sleeping beauty! I think I look angry when I am sleeping but I'm not sure. I'll have to have Steve take a picture of me.

Jessica Chalmers said...

Welcome to your third decade!

Katheryn said...

What a great day! Glad you got some pampering and I love the sleeping picture! I think it is cute that Mark likes to watch you and take pictures of you when you sleep.