Aug 23, 2009

Breakfast

Mark has taken me out of town for my birthday weekend. We're celebrating both my 30th birthday and our 5th anniversary. This is kinda our last hoorah before the little guy gets here. I've got fun stuff to tell about our weekend and pictures from my actual birthday.

This morning we were having breakfast downstairs. Here at our hotel, they have a nice breakfast buffet and most importantly-Mickey Mouse waffle irons and Mark can't deny those. So we got down there, we started our waffles and next thing you know, Mark was making a huge stink with the middle waffle iron. His waffle was stuck in the top and bottom of the waffle iron. He pulled half of it out and then the rest was super stuck. There he was, people standing around him as he's trying to pull the broken and burning waffle out of the waffle iron piece by piece. At that point, I'm laughing at him (I still don't think he knows) and wishing I had my camera or cell phone or some way to take a picture. Then the waffle iron was falling to each side dropping on to the other waffle irons. I can't explain it as funny as it was...but I was snorting and moving away slowly with each piece he pulled off. When I walked back over Mark smiled and said "I get a do-over." I love him! He always makes me laugh. We have such a great time together.

2 comments:

Katheryn said...

Glad you guys are having so much fun. Looking forward to finding out what all you did for your birthday!

Heath Thompson said...

Oh... I'm so glad your Celebrating! Life is about havining FUN! Happy Birthday, 5th and last getaway before that lil Man comes! I can't wait to see some photos! Drag out this out as LONG as you can you have some big events you are Celebrating! Whoo hoo!
Opps this is from kelly