Aug 14, 2009

Nursing Bra 101

I consider myself a student of this whole becoming a mommy thing. I look to those of you that already have children as my mentors, instructors and professors.

That being said, I'm stuck. I have quite the situation with nursing bras. I can't go out and try one on. They don't carry my size ANYWHERE. I have tried and not even Bloomers has any solutions. Those little blue haired ladies have always been the ones I turned to for help with my massive gazungas. I have to order them online. I placed an order a while back and it came in and it already doesn't fit.

My size before pregnancy was a 44-H. (Yep, I said it) Right now, I'm pouring out of my H (which my husband doesn't mind at all) and I would say I've possibly gone up a cup or two. What in the world am I going to do once my milk comes in?

I finally found a company that builds nursing bras up to size L. That's right, I said build! Because it takes something well built to keep these things under control.

But now, I have to guess what size I'll be, so I don't waste too much money or time ordering. It's 3-4 weeks for shipping. OUCH!

Ladies, let the guessing begin. We'll have a bra pool to see who can guess what size my milk jugs will be once my milk arrives. Winner receives something clever...not sure what but it will be great. Good luck!

10 comments:

Amber Miskin said...

Casey, I am so sorry. Some women grow during the pregnancy and then are the same size when they start nursing, so maybe that'll be the case for you. I normally don't grow until I have my baby so I don't really have any help for you! Good luck.

Amanda and Steve said...

I have been feeling bad today about how I responded to your last post. I should have said that I'm glad everything is OK and then laughed. You are just so funny at telling stories!

Jac said...

Umm... 44I. That's my guess! And for what it's worth, I think nursing bras are overrated. Especially w/ G's.... It's just as easy to slip up a regular bra as it is to unsnap a nursing bra. But, to each their own! Good luck! Don't forget my prize if I'm right. I'm the only guess so far, so, I'm in the lead by default!!

Deanna said...

Well, I went from H (for Henderson)to L (for Lasker) when I married Cory. I don't think you'll go all the way to L (though you never know) but Cory (who was so entertained by your post) said it would be easier to have it too big and tighten it up, than have it be too tight. So... the Laskers say 44L. We also say that we love you!

Katheryn said...

Oh, my goodness. I just wish that I had even HALF of your problem. The only time I actually have boobs is when I'm nursing :) For me, right when my milk came in, for that first month, I was up 3 cup sizes. Then after my body adjusted to exactly how much milk needed to be produced, I was up 2 cup sizes until I stopped breastfeeding. So, I am going to guess that after everything balances out, that you'll be at 44J during the time that you breastfeed.

that1gamer2know said...

My guess is 46G (for Gallons!!)

Michelle said...

Lol...your posts rock! :)How about 44K. However, I agree with "The Trunk Family" that its just as easy to wear your normal bra and slip it down. Anyway, good luck my friend!! However it ends up you'll be loving every minute cause your BABY WILL BE HERE. YEAH!! :)

Mandi said...

My Guess is 44k. I went up 2 cup sizes when i nursed. However I am joining the ladies who said nursing bra's are overrated. My suggestion if you can find a store that you can try on a regular bra a couple cups bigger and then plop those bad boys (or as mark might call them great ladies) in and out.* A test run * then you'll know if a nursing bra is a for sure a needed item.

Stacy Pettersen said...

Because you've already grown during the pregnancy, I don't think you'll get any bigger (after your milk settles down... that first month is a killer). But maybe you should try going bigger in the circumference (I'm a 34 & was wearing a 38 while nursing). So, I'm going with 46I.

mrsarmogansclass said...

I can only say what worked for me...I went from using a bra to not I was nursing so frequently in the beginning. Although the bra does hold a nursing pad in place for when you spring a leak...LOL! I was a 34C when I got pregnant went up to 34D during my pregnancy and went up
to a 34DD while nursing. Stacy is absolutely right about increasing your bad size...that would have really helped me
with comfort. So I'm guessing a 46J for comfort!!!