Aug 24, 2009

My 30th Birthday, Part 1

Well, It's official. I'm 30! Can't even believe it. But so far, so good. I can only be excited for all the new changes that will come with being 30. And for that, I'm thrilled to be 30.


Wednesday I got home late from Zumba and at my door, was this beautiful delivery. Grandma Rita (Mark's G-ma) is a wonderfully sweet little lady that I adore. She's got to be one of the nicest, sweetest, most kind hearted women I've ever met. She's always so thoughtful of us. Thanks Grandma! The flowers still look great.



I had a Dr's appt Friday morning, came home and there was a package at my front door. Inside there was a birthday card from my first roommate in Utah, Becki. Her daughter's handprint was in the card and I loved it. Hadley just turned 1 last week. She's a mover and Becki had a hard time getting her hand outlined. It says "her hand is normal. this is not an exact duplicate" and that made me laugh pretty hard.



After Mark got some work done, I was whisked away to Orlando for a fun weekend. Late Friday evening we went to the Cheesecake Factory. Not normally something I would choose for a birthday but I was feeling some appetizers, cheesecake and raspberry lemonade. Mark is always in the mood for nachos, even after an hour and a half wait.




That's what nachos can do to you! That's our cute nephew Christian. He was eating a Roadside slider. Which are basically expensive Krystal burgers. I prefer Krystals but those sliders were good too.



After we stuffed ourselves came time for cheesecake. YUM. This was my birthday slice of carrot cake cheesecake.




That's Mark's finger in the picture (cause he wanted to be in my picture too) with me blowing out my candle.




Mark doesn't like cheesecake or cake for that matter. So he ordered up a brownie sundae. He was super surprised to see how large it was. Evidently he didn't realize we were at the Cheesecake Factory where everything is larger than life.




This is their new red velvet cake cheesecake. Cassie ordered it. I was completely jealous. That cheesecake was the BEST thing there. I should've sent mine back. Instead I ate a few bites of hers and then took mine back to the hotel. I never ate it...was too busy dreaming of this one.



This was right before we left. These guys were full and happy and slightly ready to leave.





Here are the ladies of the evening (except GA was sleeping) and yes, no eating experience is complete without me dripping stuff down my front. :)



Mark and I drove back to our hotel and we were so excited to find some friends there to greet us. They were looking for dinner too. I was so tempted to feed them our leftovers.





There were a bunch of raccoons around the dumpster and one inside scavenger. It reminded me of growing up and raccoons coming into our backyard Sunday nights for hotdogs.


Part 1 of my birthday was great. Mark and I enjoyed ourselves and our time together.



3 comments:

Katheryn said...

Ok, so now I'm craving cheesecake! What did you go and do that for????? J/K. Glad you had such a great birthday. You definitely deserve it!

that1gamer2know said...

While you were dreaming about my leftover red velvet cheesecake I was finishing it! YUM!! We need to go back soon and have you a slice of red velvet. Thanks for letting us join you that evening. We love spending special times with you and Mark.

Angela said...

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!