Aug 5, 2009

2 Months till Mr. Sweetness Arrives

Really, two months? How can I only have 2 months to go? With a due date of Oct 5th...I suppose it has happened. Now is when I should start freaking out, right?

So far, I've only seen nurses at each OB appointment. I go to Dr Hyler's office and he is always delivering a baby, so I can completely understand why I'm seeing nurses. Now I'm on the every 2 week OB appt track. Friday I showed up for my appt, walked in and sat in the office waiting for a nurse to come in. In walked Dr. Thirumlai. She is now with Dr. Hyler. I was so excited to see a Dr for the first time. She pricked my finger, let me know that my sugar is too high and she's labeling me with gestational diabetes. My heart sunk. Somehow, I knew this would happen. She explained to me what I need to be doing and eating and avoiding. I was able to open up and ask questions and get lots of good info from her. Do you know the worst part? I have to check my sugar (prick my finger) 4 times a day and be very cautious with what I eat. Do you know the best part of having gestational diabetes? I get to see my baby a few more times before he gets here! Each week I have to go in, get hooked up to a monitor and they will check his movement. Every 3-4 weeks they will do an ultrasound to check his size and make sure he's not too large or too small. I am reserving the right to eat cake at my baby showers and on my 30th birthday. However, my body belongs to this little man for 2 more months and I want to ensure a smooth delivery. So I have cut out sugary treats and traded them for occasional fruit and lots more veggies. I have to eat every 3 hours (another perk) minimum. Best of all, she cleared me to get back in the gym. She said there is no reason I can't do my zumba classes, just to pace and hydrate myself. Do you know how much I LOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEE zumba? I think this is the butt kicking I needed to keep myself in check. As Olivia Newton John once said, "Let's Get Physical."

Tomorrow or Friday, expect an update with pictures of Little Mark. Maybe even a "Sam Eagle" shot. I'm so excited to see him!

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Zumba is awesome. A woman in my ward teaches it at our local gym and I was hooked the first try. I cant believe you are so close to the finish line (which is really the starting line, but we wont go there....)

Katheryn said...

I'm so excited that little Mark will be here so soon. Looking forward to lots of ultrasound pictures in the near future :)

Since you have talked so much about Zumba, I have just got to try it. Hopefully one day soon, Layton won't be such a pooper about staying in the kid's zone at the gym!

Jessica Chalmers said...

yikes! I hate gestational diabetes!! Dr. what's her name is super nice--I liked her! Another good thing is that you will be meeting Mark the third sooner than your due date because they don't keep diabetic babies past 38-39 weeks! So you have a little under 2 months.

Mandi said...

I can not wait til Harris has his BFF! Harris told me he is thrilled!