Feb 19, 2011

Surprise Missionary Fireside

I got an email asking me to open the attachment and "HELP!" I'd been invited to join in on a youth missionary fireside, where I would speak for maybe 5 minutes about my mission and either share a funny story or a spiritual story. Dang. Do I really have to choose? There will be others sharing stories as well. And they asked us to send in 1 picture they will place on the projection screen while we speak. Well, I never replied because we had talked about visiting my husband's family this month.

Out of nowhere, I got an email asking where my picture was. So I didn't have a choice. Which is fine, I sometimes like being bossed around, ask my big sister! ;)

So here are my photo options I've given. Even though they said only 1 picture, I decided I'd send two and they could surprise me. I have a bunch of pictures elsewhere and glued and cut up (as if I'll ever finish that mission scrapbook, Amber!) I figured everyone gives the usual before baptism picture, so I wanted something that would bring a smile or maybe add character, since I don't have a forgeign language to share or a "dress caught in the pantyhose" story.

Here Sister B and I were at a birthday party. It was June and there flies everywhere. Sis. B couldn't handle it, so she put us to work while others were eating cake and opening presents. It was a good time. Those flies didn't know what was coming.


And here we are again. I think this one speaks for itself. I can't look at this picture without laughing. Possibly one of my favorites.

So now, which one would you choose? I think the flyswatter picture is a little dark, but I do love them both. I'll let you know which one surprises me tomorrow night. Hopefully they won't have to give me the your-two-minutes-are-up light!

6 comments:

that1gamer2know said...

One of these days you will just have to MAKE A CHOICE! That second picture looks like you and the little lady on your lap (you have a lap?) were ready to pounce like a kitty. Awesome!

Amanda and Steve said...

Steve was asked to do a little display table for his mission after the fireside tomorrow. He went to Mississippi so doesn't have a foreign language to show off (although that is debatable) or cool artifacts from a land on the other side of the world so he/we will be serving a small sample of mashed potatoes with mayo, which is what food he thinks of most when he thinks of his mission. The food he thinks of most being mayo. He knew a family who put it on EVERYTHING.

Stacy Pettersen said...

Oh I love them both... maybe you could play around with the first one in photoshop to see if you can lighten it up? Or have you already sent them in? 5 minutes is seriously not enough time for something like that, good luck!

Janelle Heath said...

Casie - I'm so sorry to be so bossy! I was told that you had accepted hence the incessant nagging about your photo! Can I make it up to you with a Canadian cookie tomorrow night? :). Thanks for accepting!

Dave n' Kristi said...

I think the flyswatter picture will capture the attention of youth more, but they are both great pictures!

Amber Miskin said...

So even though you didn't get your photo displayed, I personally love the flyswatter photo! :) And I have to say, I finished my mish scrapbook, but it's certainly not great. It was just a way to kill time and get all my pics in a book! :) I'm very glad I did it though!