May 12, 2009

Come on Down!!!

My dad has a love affair with The Price is Right. He LOVES the excitement of..."A NEW CAR!" Something about Rich Fields' voice (No longer Rod Roddy, which is disappointing in outfits alone!). He shouts out a name and "come on down you're the next contestant" or "a new dining room"...my dad just thrives on it. His love is so intense that he records it to his DVR and watches it again. Sometimes he saves it for me to watch because it was that good.

Last week I was having a problem with my ankles swelling. I think its from sitting all day with weight on my legs. Anyhow, I went to my parents' house and my dad was sleeping while watching Pimp My Ride (yep, he DVRs that too) and he woke up, was delighted to see me and started up The Price is Right. I saw someone do cartwheels down the aisle as they called her to "come on down" and I saw lots of jumping and screaming and excitement. Some ballroom dancers were in the audience. Of course one was called up as the next contestant. His shirt said "We'll dance...if the Price is Right." Good news, the price WAS right and his group of ballroom dancers came up and broke out into dance. I was SO excited. It was like a musical or my senior prom. My friends and I choreographed a dance to "Groove is in the Heart" (still my favorite song) and broke out into our dance during our prom. It was so fun. It was like a dream come true for me! I always wanted to live life in a musical. Anyhow, back to my story... a girl got to play Plinko. Do you know how crazy people get when Plinko comes up? I don't remember exactly how it was said but I said "Mark would want to play Plinko if he was on" and my dad's response was something to the effect "Me too, I love Plinko!" I love my dad for loving the simple things in life. He doesn't get around like he used to. He's more limited than before but he still gets excited over simple things and wants to share it with us.

If you were on the Price is Right...which game would you want to play? Would you want to win a "NEW CAR" or a "CRUISE AROUND THE ORIENT" ???? What would your dream "Showcase Showdown" be?

I love my daddy. He is quite the handsome man if I say so myself. And he is a GREAT Pappaw. I'm so thrilled he'll have the chance to meet my little man and be his Pappaw. :)

4 comments:

Stacy Pettersen said...

I spent manys mornings watching the price is right during the summer. I got really good at it and I'm sure I could have won big in my glory days of middle school. =) I always liked "Hole in One" and the "Dice Game." My dream showcase would include merchandise (not trips) and lots of MONEY to pay the taxes on my winnings! And yes, there is nothing like the phrase "A NEW CAR!"

Katheryn said...

My grandma watches the Price is Right RELIGIOUSLY! She is 89 years old and I think she has watched it from day one. I love it too. I don't know if I have a favorite game, but I have to say I love cold hard cash, so I would definitely want to play something that let me win big! And I'm absolutely positive that I could land a dollar on the big wheel!

mrsarmogansclass said...

All I'm gonna say is... "The Price is right! Come get your prize. You might as well jump up and down honey you won some merchan-dize! Lord, come get your prize, here's comes the Lovely Kathleen." THANK YOU SHIRLEY Q for your words of inspiration :) LOL!!!

Jac said...

I'd just like to add: "...How do you doooo? I have a prize FOR you!" Oh SQ, tell yo mama I say how ya derin'.

Plinko is pretty sweet, but HELLO yoddler is great!