May 15, 2009

Georgia's on my mind!

I'm hoping she's on your mind too! How could 8lbs and 12 oz of squishy cuteness not be on your mind? Miss Georgia Rose Clarkson was born Thursday, May 14th at 11:50 am. Both mom and baby are great! Cassie did fantastically well. You'll see how great she looks in the pictures.

This picture was right before surgery. I just walked in flashing the camera. She's always loved the paparazzi!

Cassie and our beautiful mom, again before surgery

Cassie and I felt like we should take pictures too...we are sisters!



This was right after surgery! We were able to go back to recovery 2 at a time. At first the two in my group were both being carried by me. Then my brother John met us back there.



Here are the Clarksons! Again, only 2 at a time,
Christian had his turn first...so he wasn't in this shot.



Here's an up close shot of those cheeks! She looks a lot like Daddy!

Here she is with her number one man, Daddy!
We had a hard time getting him out of that outfit. He loved it!


We were in the waiting room and she went rolling right by us. Doesn't she look great?



We were all waiting...extra anxiously for Georgia to make her grand entrance to their room. This is our oldest brother John, me, Mom and Cassie.


Here she is all greased up and pinned down! Trying to raise her temp.



Here you can see all 21 inches of her!

After her taking this picture we thought Popeye was her dad! She was waiting to get some spinach from Mommy. Probably waiting on cheesecake, Cassie doesn't do veggies! :)



After feeding, they had a little skin to skin time. Who doesn't love holding a baby close to them? And it was something they made her do!



This is Georgia with her Proud Pappaw. He just got back from the mall having his shirt made. Our dad is so cute, each time a grand child is born, he runs to the mall and has a shirt made saying "I'm ____'s Proud Pappaw" it has the birth weight and birth date, there is always a baby in the middle holding things that would be characteristic of the parents. So this baby is holding Old Glory in one hand and Union Jack in her other. I can't wait to see what Little Mark's shirt will look like. The best part, he wears it each year to their birthday parties!

He's getting quite the collection. :)

Here's another shot of her sleeping...yummy cheeks!


It was such a beautiful day. To hold a piece of heaven right in my arms, nothing is like it! I can't wait to have my own piece of heaven in just a few short months! You know just by seeing, touching and feeling them, that they were delivered straight from our Father above. And you feel the importance to teach them of their royal birthrights! We are all so grateful for the safe delivery and the sweet little spirit that has joined our family! Welcome Georgia!
Now, back to kissing those cheeks!

7 comments:

Deanna said...

CONGRATULATION CLARKSON/GULLETT FAMILY!!! She is so beautiful and Cassie looks great! I'm so happy she has her baby girl! YAY!

Jessica Chalmers said...

Natalie was reading this posting with me and she said, "Look at that sweetie little baby!" She is gorgeous! Glad to hear everyone did well!

Shauna said...

Aaahhhhh. So sweet. Congratulations to Aunt Casey and all!

Katheryn said...

She is just so cute! And I just love your Dad and his T-shirt! What a wonderful idea and what a wonderful way to make each of his grandchildren feel special. Cassie looks amazing! Can't wait to see little Georgia!

mrsarmogansclass said...

Oh, my goodness...what a cute, little sweetie!!! I even got to hold her at just a few hours old, too :) How lucky am I? Cassie did so great! I just CAN'T wait to meet your little Mark :) YAY!

Ilene said...

She is adorable! Julia has been talking about her Teacher Sister Clarkson all week. She can't wait to see Georgia! Congratulations!

Kim Jarvis said...

Tell her that we said "Congrats - she is beautiful". What a happy day!

P.S. - Your hair looks GREAT! Makes me want to go get my hair did.