Apr 6, 2009

Clay County Fair

I was invited to the fair with my family. I can't deny the power of fair food! If a carney doesn't make a funnel cake, its just not the same! I don't go every year, but when I go...I GO all out. I go with plenty of cash and an empty belly. Going thru the gates with me were: my little brother Jo-Jo (a.k.a. Steak & Potatoes), his daughter Madison, my mom Faye and my dad Big John (Mammaw and Pappaw to the kids). Madi is pretty much my mom made over! She has the Rhoden side eyes for sure! I was trying to keep her from falling. My mom was trying to keep her from eating dirt. Does dirt really hurt? I consider it a filler! I know dirt happens!

Here we are cheesing for the camera.This is Madi posing for me. She is almost 16 months.Of course the hat tent is an important part of the fair! She loved this cowgirl hat...but who doesn't?! I wish you could've seen her take it off! I wish even more that I could've caught it on camera.
I was very surprised that my big brother John was there with half his kids. Left to right is John, Brittney (14) and little Johnny (10) getting their selves scrambled! I can't believe the amount of fun I had watching them ride the rides. Being the thrill-seeker that I am, I always thought that would be lame. I was wrong!
Pappaw, Mammaw and half their grand kids...at least until this year. They currently have 6, before Halloween they will have 8! Not so spooky! Currently we're even, 3 girls and 3 boys. Cassie is having a girl next month...will we even up the score with a boy or will the girls win with another little lady??
Who can resist trying to knock the annoying clown into the dunking booth? Brittney got really close, then Little Johnny threw a few his way. Jo-Jo went two rounds. He was SOOO close! Actually hit the bullseye once but evidently not hard enough. Even the power of the Braves shirt couldn't bring down the clown!
What day at the fair is complete without ice cream??? That's my mom having a small vanilla cone! My medium was the same size. If you go, save your extra dollar and get a small- unless you want a waffle cone!
Little Johnny is enjoying his chocolate cone. Don't you love his red hair? All 3 of our nephews have red hair! Each a different shade and beautiful! Thanks to Mammaw for passing it along!
Brittney and I had the swirl...although our swirls were mostly vanilla.

I've always loved the fair! The smells, rides, carneys, slides, fish in a bag, carnivals, animals, friends, concerts, fun, shows and memories. Tomorrow, I'll post some pics of my 2nd favorite thing at the fair- Pig Races!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Rock on, pig races!! Can't wait! This fair sounds super fun. Haven't been to one myself for a long time.

Katheryn said...

Funnel cakes. Did you even have to mention funnel cakes? Now I want one so bad, I can't stand it!!!! Looks like you all has so much fun. I can't believe how big your neice Maddy is now. The last time I saw her she was just learning how to crawl around! She is a cutie!