Apr 20, 2009

Julie Andrews Called

I just answered the shop phone and heard a recording that said "Hi, this is Julie Andrew calling." First of all, I hung up. Then I thought of some magical things that would've happened if the REAL Julie Andrews called!


She wouldn't have said "this is Julie Andrews" she would have SUNG it!

She would not sound like an automated machine

She would've explained to me that the hills ARE alive!

She would've convinced me to escape thru an oil painting and go race some cartoon horses, have a jolly holidy or even feed the birds

She would've asked me to sing with her! (Even though NO ONE sings like Julie Andrews)

She would've told me about a few of her favorite things

She would've asked if I'm Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious

She would've probably finished up by singing me one of my favorites...
High on a hill was a lonely goatherd
Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo
Loud was the voice of the lonely goatherd
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo
Folks in a town that was quite remote heard
Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo
Lusty and clear from the goatherd's throat heard
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo
O ho lay dee odl lee o, o ho lay dee odl ay
O ho lay dee odl lee o, lay dee odl lee o lay
And my reply would have been:
Soon our duet will become a trio
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo!!
I love old movies with music. Brings a smile to my heart and joy to my soul!
Don't even get me started about getting a phone call from Doris Day!!

5 comments:

Erin said...

I love the Sound of Music, and especially the goatherd song. Its one of Emma's favorites, too. Even better, though, was your response - you are so clever!

Katheryn said...

Ok, you are too funny. Seriously, we need to hear the phone call from Doris Day. I want to BE her.

Deanna said...

This may be my favorite post on any blog ever. Seriously.

mrsarmogansclass said...

LOL! GIRL you know just what to say that brightens my day!!! I'm pretty sure that Julie herself would have loved that blog...I would go as far as to say she would be "Enchanted". She might have even written about it in her "Princess Diary" :)

Stacy Pettersen said...

That just made me happy... and it made me want to watch The Sound of Music!