Apr 15, 2009

Tax day 2004

In honor of tax day, I thought I should tell you about the best $14.95 I've ever spent on April 15th! And it had nothing to do with taxes! (Except the way I'd be filing them in 2005)

Five years ago I was on a dating website. I was only meeting female friends. I figured it was time I should go ahead and cancel my membership. Really, I didn't need more friends in strange places that I'd probably never visit (i.e. Paducah, KY). So I said good bye to everyone before my next billing occurred. Just as I signed off, I got an email "Dear Dancemachine (that's what they used to call me), your subscription is now paid thru May 15th...." I was billed a day early. I decided to sign back in and chat with my lady friends. There was someone new that day...his name was Mark. We decided to exchange pictures and here is what I got. Keep in mind, there were two pictures. The first one was of someone else's car!

Nice onion ring and super nice first impression huh?
I thought he was kinda cute, nice and funny so I kept talking to him- just in case. Then Mark let me know he was going to take some more pictures to send me.

This picture was real. This is when I found out about the tattoos! And I noticed how smokin' hot he is! Its hard not to notice though!

This picture came about a week later...he started getting creative.

The best $14.95 I've ever spent on tax day! Now we've got our own little tax deduction coming!
Today you can get: a free scoop of ice cream at Maggie Moos (local), 15% discount at PF Changs, free Cinnabites at Cinnabon starting from 5pm-8pm (only in malls, not airports or travel centers). Happy Tax day!

6 comments:

Deanna said...

I love it! What a lucky mistake!!! Mark is such a perfect match... and I totally agree... "Casey Rocks!!!"

Shauna said...

Great story! And the rest, they say, is history!

Kelly said...

$14.95 WELL SPENT!
Love how he was working it, with the extra art work.
Best Tax day story I've ever heard!

Katheryn said...

Happy Tax Day to you two. I'll never be able to think about this day the same way again. I'm thinkin' that maybe Heavenly Father had a hand in that whole you getting billed a day early thing. You guys are perfect for each other!

Kim Jarvis said...

Dancemachine - love it!

(and love the pictures - they make me giggle)

lorijolley said...

Love the story! I loved the self portraits in the mirror. Genius!